Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sewing room!

I feel it is necessary to have a good place to sew, and the last attempt at a sewing room was far too small to work out even a little bit. So it will be the guest room instead, and people visiting will have to deal with the fact that I'm putting them up in a room that looks like a radioactive watermelon. They should be happy to have a cheap place to stay, and not mind pink doors and green walls!

Meet the new sewing room.



 It's one of the few rooms that hadn't yet been painted, and as you can see, it was a rather dingy shade of pink. This would not do. So we bought some pale green paint and I attacked it today.  The result?



It's pretty much the shade of pistachio pudding, which of course makes me a little hungry. The trim and doors will be a gloss white, and fortunately the ceiling was already flat white, as I could not find the ceiling paint that we'd got for the rest of the house. It looks so pretty now! I haven't worked out yet where I want to put everything, but it's a good start so far.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colours! I'm a friend of Dustin's, and I dabble in sewing (I learned to sew by hand when I was very small, but only touched a sewing machine in July for the first time)... I love the stuff you've shown so far and I'm totally jealous of your sewing room. I have to keep my pile of fabrics in a drawer of my bureau and shufty my sewing machine (gigantic, from the 70's, with bits in cast-iron) about when I want to use it!

    ReplyDelete